The mission of the Transport Cell of Bishop Scott Senior Secondary Girls’ School is to provide safest and most convenient transportation to the students in support of the scholastic and co-scholastic activities of the school. In view of the same, the school buses are equipped with Global Positioning System (GPS) and speed governors. The GPS in buses helps the School and parents to track their location, that is, the vehicles thus ply under the vigil of the school administration that is committed to providing a safe ride to our children to and from the school. Parents/Guardians can
log into the system with a school-provided account, and can see tracking information for their child’s bus routes. Please be assured that the safety of all students remains our primary concern; we will continue to assess traffic and environmental conditions influencing the safety of all designated bus stops and routes.
The following rules can be enforced only with the cooperation of every person concerned with transportation:
- Students are issued two identity cards (student’s i-card and parents’ i-card). The student’s i-card should be worn by the student before boarding the bus and should be worn at all times till the completion of the return journey. The student will be handed over only to the parents at the given bus stop. In the absence of parents, the person should carry parents’ i-card on basis of which the student will be handed over.
- Students are allowed to use only their allotted bus and bus stop. No change will be allowed without prior permission of the school in writing. The School/Transport Cell must receive and approve written requests for stop changes, even on a short term basis (preferably a day in advance of the requested change), for the safety of children. In case of permanent change of transport route, the application must be filed along with administrative charge of 50/- at the School Office.
- Students need to be at their stop location approximately 05 to 10 minutes before the scheduled arrival of the bus. The scheduled pick-up time is communicated to all parents and is available with the Transport In-charge at the school for further reference. The school reserves the right to alter the timings, routes and stops as and when necessary in the interest of students.
- The bus cannot wait for students who are late. The student has to be on the correct side of the arriving bus. Students should stay away from the main road until the bus arrives.
- If a student misses her allotted bus she should not try to board any other bus. It is the responsibility of the parents to drop their wards to the school. Such students may however, return by their allotted bus.
- If any parent whose child is availing school transport service wishes to take their ward privately in her/his own transport, she/he has to collect the Permission Slip from the school authorities half an hour before dispersal except emergency situations.
- All students must occupy the seats allotted immediately after boarding their respective buses. The reservation of seats for co-commuters is not allowed under any circumstances. The bus officials are well within their rights to direct the conduct of a student. This includes seat assignment and general student conduct. Some bus regulations must be strictly followed to prevent distraction to the driver or other dangerous conditions in the bus. In some cases, the driver may even need to have students stop talking for safety reasons. Parents should instruct their ward(s) to respect the driver and to follow the driver’s safety related directions without argument. The driver’s directions may be critical to the safety of all the children on the bus and should be complied with immediately. If you have concerns about directions given to your child by a driver, please contact the Transportation Department. We will review the driver’s actions to assure that the students are being appropriately instructed and monitored.
- Students must remain out of the driver’s seat and refrain from unnecessary conversation with the driver while the bus is in motion.
- Students are to conduct themselves on the bus in such a way that will not distract the driver. Distracting the driver puts everyone in the bus at risk.
- No student should travel standing on the footboard.
- Students must not move around in the bus while the bus is in motion. Students must stay in their seats and remain quiet in the bus at all times, especially when the bus is moving. They are to leave their seat only when the bus has arrived and is stopped at their school or bus stop location, unless otherwise directed by the driver.
- No student should come near the entry door of the bus until it comes to a complete halt. The front door of the bus is the only authorised entrance and exit.
- Students are not to leave the bus without the driver’s permission, except on arrival at their assigned bus stop or at school.
- Boarding and alighting from buses should be done in silence and in an orderly manner and only when bus is in complete half.
- The consumption of edibles and drinks is not permitted in the bus.• Students are to keep all body parts (hands, arms, head, hair etc) inside the bus.
- Students are not to throw objects of any kind either inside the bus, out of the bus or around the bus.
- Students should help keep the bus clean, sanitary, and orderly. They must not damage bus seats or equipments.
- Students are not to use abusive language or profanity, obscene or rude gestures, or spit while on the bus. Courteous behaviour is expected at all times.
- Students should not touch the instrument panel, first aid kits, mobile phones on the buses unless directed by the driver and/or during an actual emergency.
- Bus routes are developed based on information from the school registration, previous similar routes, and traffic details. Bus stops are established at easily identified locations accessible to students throughout a geographic area. This assures student safety, bus safety, and service reliability. Stopping at every residence along a road can be unsafe as well as an unacceptable inefficient use of resources. If we stop at every student’s residence that the bus might pass by, some students would be on the bus for unsatisfactory lengths of time. In addition, there would additional fuel consumption and pollution.
- Routes that serve long distances between stops often are more limited by the length of the ride rather than the number of students. If the ride time exceeds 45 minutes, we may have the bus routed directly to School so that no student spends excessive amount of time on the bus. We use the seating available on the bus as efficiently and fully as we can, given the ride time and safety concerns.
- Weather, traffic, driver absenteeism, maintenance difficulties, and unforeseen circumstances are responsible for delays at times in the arrival of school buses in the morning and the afternoon. Sometimes, during times of traffic congestion, the bus routes must be doubled out or run as a second load to or from the School due to the regular bus being unable to run. Even with daily pre-trip inspections, a bus can breakdown on the route. A substitute bus will be assigned to complete the route as quickly as we safely can. Please know that we are committed to doing everything humanly possible to have all buses running on schedule every day. In the event that the bus does not arrive as scheduled, please allow fifteen minutes before calling the Transport Cell or the School.
- Students are not allowed to sit in parked buses during school hours.
- Parents are requested not to board school buses to see off or receive their wards.
- Parents should not try to overtake and stop the School bus to facilitate the boarding of their wards as this endangers the safety of the bus and its occupants. This act will lead to strict disciplinary action.
- Parents have to ensure that their wards do not go to/from bus stops unescorted.
- Parents should not argue with the teachers present in the bus or with the conductor/driver. If there is any problem, a written communication should be forwarded to the Principal / Vice Principal.
- Students may be suspended from bus service if their actions violate their safety or the safety of the other students on board. Bus services will be discontinued for children who do not follow bus rules, damage accessories in the bus, offend passers – by with their actions or words.
Following the Bus Safety Rules and Regulations will ensure safety, prompt arrivals and departures of buses, and positive attitudes on the part of students. Violations of these rules may result in the suspension of bus privileges.
For general questions about bus routes and transportation issues, please call or contact the Transport Cell at school address from 08:00 a.m. to 03:00 p.m. on the following helpline /phone numbers:
Bishop Scott Senior Secondary Girls’ School
Brahmpur, Jaganpura, Bypass, Kankarbagh, Patna – 800027
# 9835477764 # 9835677767 # 9835677768# 9264444715